Mark William Calaway was born March 24, 1965 in Houston, Texas, U.S but he resides in Auston, Texas, US and better known by the ring name The Undertaker, is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE.
The Undertaker began his career in 1987, working under various gimmicks. After signing for World Championship Wrestling (WCW) in 1989, he enjoyed a brief stint as a mid-card performer named “Mean Mark” Callous, before joining the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE) in 1990. In the WWF, Calaway was rebranded as “The Undertaker” and gained significant mainstream popularity as a horror-themed, macabre entity who employed scare tactics and held links to the supernatural. The Undertaker became one of the most prominent figures of the Attitude Era, featuring in various pivotal storylines and matches as WWF sustained a boom period in business in the late 1990s.
- Calaway has held 17 championships
- Within WWF/E:
- four-time WWF/E Champion
- three-time World Heavyweight Champion
- six-time WWF World Tag Team Champion
- one-time WWF Hardcore Champion
- one-time WCW Tag Team Champion (during the Invasion angle)
- Outside of WWE:
- one-time USWA Unified World Heavyweight Champion
- one-time WCWA Texas Heavyweight Champion.
- His career names:
- Kane the Undertaker
- Mark Callous
- Mean Mark Callous
- Mean Mark
- Dice Morgan
- The Master of Pain
- The Punisher
- Texas Red
- The Undertaker